Annapurna Base Camp
As they say, “It isn’t about the destination but the journey that counts.” We take you to an enchanting journey to the captivating landscape of Nepal where the nature is known to leave the travelers hypnotized with its sheer beauty and charm. A trek through snow clad mountains, green pastures, cascade of waters, along the way to the 10th highest mountain range, Mt. Annapurna is hard amiss.
Where will I stay?
** 2 Nights in Hotel Shangri La or similar hotel in Kathmandu on twin sharing FB Basis.
** 2 Nights in Fishtail Lodge or similar hotel in Pokhara on twin sharing FB Basis.
** Other Nights in good guesthouses on twin sharing FB Basis.
What will I eat?
• Our package includes three course hygienic meals.
How will I travel
- Visa is not a requisite for the Indian Citizens; however, a valid passport is a mandatory for all Indian citizens.
- For non- Indian citizens, the passport must be valid till after at least 6 months of the trek. They are also required to carry 3 photocopies along 3 passport size coloured photographs. They should get their visa done on arrival at Tribhuvan International Airport.
- The travel from Kathmandu to Pokhara and back would be by flight.
- The trek entails about 5-6 hours of walk everyday on various terrains.
- With the trek leading up to 13,550 ft, high fitness is a pre-requisite for all the travellers.
- The luggage will be carried by the local porters with each porter carrying a maximum load of 30kgs. We allot one porter for two people so its advisable that you carry a maximum of 15 kgs.
- If there is a requirement of an extra porter, the cost of that will be borne by the traveller.
- In case of un-avoidable/ un-favouring conditions, Hills and Trails reserve the right to make on-the spot changes in which case the group leader’s decision will be considered as the final word.
What about my health
• A health certificate is mandatory for all the travelers. It should clearly certify that the traveler is physically fit to carry out a high altitude trek to Annapurna Base Camp. • We do take medical precautions, however, due to high altitude traveler can suffer through headache, loss of appetite, nausea, breathlessness and loss of sleep. These ailments are temporary and disappear as soon as the person gets acclimated to the weather conditions. • 4-5 litres of water intake is a must to avoid altitude related sickness. A tablet of Diamox comes handy to help acclimatization. • In case of sever medical emergency, all the cost incurred by us on treatment are to be borne by the traveler immediately in cash. • To ensure safety at all points of time, it is highly advisable to follow the instructions of the group leader. • Hills and Trails does not offer any type of insurance against losses. It is recommended that every person gets his/her international travel insurance which is valid in Nepal and covers evacuation, if needed.
Annapurna Base Camp
Reaching Kahmandu and rest in Hotel Shangri La or similar hotel.
Fly from Kathmandu to Pokhara and rest. stay in Fishtail Lodge or a similar hotel in Pokhara.
Drive from Pokhara to Kande and then trek from Kande to Pothana Via Australian Camp. After lunch trek from Pothana to Landruk . Overnight stay in guest house.
Landruk to Chomrong. Overnight stay in guest house.
Chomrong to Bamboo. Overnight stay in guest house.
Bamboo to Deurali. Overnight stay in guest house.
Deurali to Machhapuchhare Base Camp/MBC. Overnight stay in guest house.
Machhapuchhare Base Camp/MBC to Annapurna Base Camp/ABC. To have good views of the Annapurna range. Overnight stay in guest house.
ABC to Bamboo. Overnight stay in guest house.
Bamboo to Jhinu Danda. Overnight stay in guest house.
Jhinu Danda to Naya Pul via Kimche Khola. Then drive to Pokhara. Overnight in Fishtail Lodge or similar hotel at Pokhara.
Fly from Pokhara to Kathmandu. Stay and rest in Hotel Shangri La or similar hotel.
Transfer to the Airport for you onward journey.